How exciting….I have internet again! WAHOO!! I got the new adapter and battery from my parents today…I’m glad that I was correct in guessing that it was an adapter issue….good thing I’m such a computer geek huh? LOL!
I had my parents to send me a surge protector along with the new adapter and battery, so that it wouldn’t happen again. However, as soon I plugged the surge protector into the socket in my bedroom, it popped and sparked and blew up!! It threw a breaker in the house, and my host mom came running to my room and asked me what I was doing! I told them what happened. Along with the story of what happened last night…my psp adapter\charger was plugged into this same socket last night, but the psp wasn’t plugged into the adapter….the adapter was just plugged into the socket, and I was laying on my bed playing a game. I smelled smoke and looked over and saw a spark coming from the psp adapter. I immediately unplugged it, but it was too late…the psp charger\adapter is now dead! UGGGG!!
So anyway, I explained to my host Dad that the socket had now killed my laptop adapter, psp adapter, and today the new surge protector. He took the plug apart, but couldn’t see anything wrong with it. The plug works w\all the stuff I’ve bought here and has never blew up anything I’ve bought here…like the fan and my cell phone chargers. However, whenever I’ve plugged anything American into it, it eventually blows it up. So, he wasn’t sure what the problem is and I don’t know either. Wish my Dad was here…he could solve the problem! I plugged my laptop into the plug in my kitchen for about 20 min to charge it up and then unplugged it. I’m afraid that plug might do the same thing, because I don’t know if it’s a issue with just the plug in my bedroom or an issue with the wiring in both my rooms. UGGG. I think I’m going to just start taking my laptop to school with me every day and charge it. I’m so glad I didn’t have my psp hooked up to the adapter when it blew up!!
Enough about my electrical problems…